Blog Archive

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Chugging Along

Ah, the challenge of a brain that can go in 5 directions at once!  While working on my play over the long weekend, I suddenly got an idea having to do with the novel I've been tinkering but got stuck with.  The idea was such that I had to stop working on the play and spend the next two hours editing and re-structuring some of the book.  I have learned to manage these inspirational asides to the point where I actually get projects done.  There comes a point where you have to let the thing fly.

I will have this play finished in plenty of time for submitting it where I want it to go.  A friend recently asked me to write a one-act play for her to direct for a festival next year.  I have not committed to that yet.  I am very focused on getting this play done and out the door.  I have not felt this in tune with a writing project in many years.  

No comments: