Blog Archive

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

A Very Kersey Life

Either nothing is going on at all or everything is happening at once. No in-between. Today is another example of this.

I am going on a second interview tomorrow for a job that isn't that exciting but pays big bucks. This afternoon, I got a phone call from a local college asking to interview me for a teaching position that would include writing, playwrighting, English literature and criticism, drama and other subjects to be assigned. This position would pay less than the first job I mentioned BUT it would be something I would love to do and give me a big break in tuition at this college for future courses I plan on taking, starting this fall. The courses I want to take are expensive. I am hoping that, initially, I can do the less exciting job during the day and teach in the evening. I won't know anything about the proposed schedule for me until I get into the first interview with the college, probably next week.

The air itself seems very whimsical of late. Little thoughts and ideas flitting about while tending to some very tedious household chores preparing for the summer. I have a notebook full of ideas and mini-plots to be fleshed out that two lifetimes would not give me time to do. I can't even comprehend the idea of ever getting bored really - just restless; that restlessness is the want to break off from the current activity and go elsewhere or indecisiveness about where to go next. That happens a lot. But I can honestly say that I rarely ever get bored except when trapped on an airplane with nothing to do or read.

Off to the races, er, writing desk. No more great intrigue to blog about for the day.

No comments: