Blog Archive

Friday, May 11, 2007

Gearing Up for a Sloppy Weekend

This is the weekend when the townhouse gets the overhaul inside and out. I'm quite excited about it. The last of the furniture gets unloaded and moved in. I start painting the small bathroom on the first floor. It's a wild color - an "oops paint" concoction from Home Depot courtesy of my mother who dared me to paint the bathroom that color.

What I love about spring is the chance to plant flowers. Mom is treating us to some sod for the backyard and flower bulbs for the front. Sunday is Mother's Day and that will be celebrated down at the beach, probably Rehoboth and Lewes. It's going to be a fabulous weekend.

The first Saturday I have had to myself since January, in fact. My last class was Saturday, May 5th and afterwards I did what most teachers do, wonder how I could have taught the class differently. I already know some things I would do differently the next time. The class had to complete evaluations on me and send them in to the Dean. I got to see them and was very pleased how much they liked me and didn't find me "boring like the other professors." That was a funny comment.

On to the weekend, which I am very excited about. I hope you have an excellent weekend too.

No comments: