Blog Archive

Saturday, December 29, 2007

Sad Day

I've been thinking about my friend Will a lot today. His mother died Friday night in Florida from where he just returned spending the holidays there. Mrs. McKinley was quite a lady. She ran a small sewing business from her home. Many times I was at Will's house and had conversations with her about her craft and live in general. I could see how her personality impacted on Will.

I think most of us dread the day a parent dies. You know it will happen but nothing prepares you for the emotional seismic shift that occurs. You learn to go on, of course, but you are forever changed by the experience.

Rest in peace, Mrs. McKinley. I'm sure you've already set up business in the hereafter.

Read Will's lovely tribute to his mother. Mommy and Me

No comments: