Blog Archive

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Old Fogeydom

I have reached the unwanted goal of Old Fogeydom. The proof stared out at me for most of the afternoon when I went shopping for clothes and a pair of shoes.

I usually can accept any type of pants; not that I would wear all that I have seen but all the designs and accessories on a pair of pants don't faze me.

The tops are another story. The shirts that I saw today weren't just ugly - they were butt ugly. Beyond ugly. Insanely ugly. Buttons and bows in odd places, seams that were far from seamless and the color combinations look like the work of a blind person. I saw a few women trying on various outfits and standing in front of the full length mirror to see how they looked.

Personally, I thought they looked as if they got dressed with the lights out. And selected the clothes the same way.

However, I said nothing. I didn't even do anything with my eyes to indicate how hideous I thought the whole outfit was.

Much fun is made of preppie clothes, but I am beginning to embrace the look more and more.

3 comments:

Criseyde said...

I long for the end of the low-waisted pants fad. I cannot wear them at all. The look now seems to be to wear your shirt too high and your pants too low. It was ok when they kept that crap over in the juniors department, but now it's crossed over into the career wear in misses departments. I seriously need to take up sewing.

Anonymous said...

LOL...I guess there's something to be said for Lane Bryant after all. I find their stuff to be very attractive. On the other hand, I'd like to be a size 12 again but then I guess I'd be contending with the funky ribbons and bows?

Anonymous said...

Give me an old gunny sack over the ribbons and bows any day.